AACI's 'Loans for Lone Soldiers'
AACI’s Loans for Lone Soldiers Project offers interest-free loans to people ages 21 – 30 from English-speaking countries who have completed their army or national service as lone soldiers/participants and have been accepted into a recognized Israeli college, university or vocational program; AACI provides financial assistance as well as free counseling, answering questions and concerns about life in Israel.
The Loans for Lone Soldiers project goals include assisting these young immigrants with their integration into Israeli society by giving them financial and emotional support that will enable them to thrive and remain in Israel. Ultimately, AACI’s purpose in this is to build a stronger Israel. The loan fund has been provided by joint efforts of the AACI and North American Jewish federations.
AACI 'Loans for Lones' Application
- Up to and including age 30,
- Former lone soldier OR national service participant, with documentation showing honorable discharge,
- From an English-speaking country, including the U.S., the U.K., Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa,
- Enrolled in a recognized Israeli academic/vocational program (for a minimum of one year),
- 1 guarantor (a family member is best),
- Bank statements from the past three months,
- Completion of the online application below…
What Happens Next?
- We will invite you to a Zoom interview with representatives of the Loans for Lone Soldiers project.
- We will discuss your needs, desired interest-free loan amount and timeline of your repayment plan.
- We will submit our recommendations about your application to the AACI Loans committee.
- You will receive your answer shortly thereafter.
- Your loan will return to our Lone Soldiers account via the small recurring repayments established at the start.
- We will check in with you periodically to see how you’re doing.
- We will discuss with you any necessary modifications to the loan, and provide you any input we can give.
- The finances you were able to enjoy will be available to help the next former Lone Soldier or National Service participant in need.
- Applicants are encouraged to participate in Israel-related volunteer work, such as via the AACI Student Connect program, connecting and conversing one-on-one with another Jewish student in the diaspora.