Finding suitable employment is a key factor to successful aliyah. AACI’s Employment Services can play an important role in the job search of potential, new and veteran olim. The services include access to professional Employment Counselor Helen Har-Tal and to Counselors in the branches, a National Employment Resource Center and job listings.
- Career counseling with skills clarification and employment options
- Developing and identifying appropriate contacts for networking and employment purposes
- Confirming licensing requirements, exam dates, training courses, etc.
- Individualized assistance in writing resumes and cover letters
- Updated information sheets.
- Individualized lists of jobs through the Employment Counselor
- Ongoing support and updated information throughout the job search
- Guidance with interviewing and signing job contracts
Employment Resource Center
- A library of resource information
- A computer, fax, phone and printer
- Bulletin boards listing courses, job opportunities, announcements, etc.
Pilot Trips regarding Employment
Overseas members who plan a Pilot Trip for employment purposes can pre-arrange a consultation with our Vocational Counselor who can provide:
- Setting up networking contacts
- Distribution of resume and cover letter in advance
- Personal meeting with the job developer during the pilot trip, and follow-up
- Availability of the facilities of the Employment Resource Center (phone, fax, photocopying).
Other Services to Olim and AACI Members
In addition to individual counseling, AACI branches sponsor workshops and seminars on employment-related topics. For the oleh looking into the possibility of opening a business, AACI has business loans available and also directs inquiries to experts and agencies who provide professional business consultancy geared towards the needs of new olim.