Good Tips for the New Oleh
Update: February 2016
- Always bring your Teudat Oleh and Teudat Zehut.
- Bring original documents when possible. Bring photocopies to leave for files when necessary.
- Always carry cash as you never know when you will need to pay a fee.
- Call ahead of time to determine the office hours, which documents to bring, whom to speak to, if there is a fee, etc. You can save hours of waiting by calling first.
- Make sure your information is complete. Ask: "What else do I need to know?"
- Get the names of the clerks who help you. Get their phone/extension numbers in case you need to get back to them.
- Be patient and keep calm. A smile and friendly attitude can go a long way!
- For discounts and benefits always carry your AACI membership card.